Choose a colour combintion to give he most comfortable contrast.
Donations of Art Policy
Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
Policy on Donations of Works of Art
Adopted 9 July 2013
1. PGCMLS does not have the wall space or security to display large quantities of artwork permanently. Donations will be considered in exceptional cases only, such as award-winning Prince George’s County artwork or Maryland work by noted or recognized artists, or items of note related to Prince George’s County history.
2. Gifts of personal property, portraits, antiques, and other museum-type objects are not generally considered acceptable gifts for a public library. Therefore, the Board shall feel under no obligation to accept such offerings. The Board will seldom accept gifts with conditions attached.
3. Art or art-related items must be original works of a non-political or non-religious nature. Pictures or wall hangings must be suitably framed so that PGCMLS incurs no cost.
4. PGCMLS reserves the right to determine location of accepted artwork. Donated items become the property of PGCMLS and may be removed, relocated, or sold without notification. All rights and privileges of ownership transfer to Prince George’s County upon acceptance of a gift.
5. Prince George’s County Memorial Library System may request an independent appraisal of Fair Market Value for insurance purposes.