The Prince George’s Room Collection includes a large number of non-circulating volumes, including Wills and Estates, Historical publications, and a small collection of locally based, top-notch fiction. Additionally, the Prince George’s Room collects several local, genealogical and historical magazines and journals, and maintains collections of retrospective City Directories and Telephone Books (see the Directories link) Other materials that are kept in storage or are to be found in the periodicals department include a complete "run" of the Maryland Archives, and bound volumes of the Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington D.C., from 1897 (volume 1) through 1972.
Included in the Prince George’s Room Collection are a number of photos of historic sites and houses in Prince George's County, many of which no longer exist. The collection includes 169 photos of old houses, slave quarters, taverns, a hospital, churches, mansions and other dwellings built between the early 17th and mid-20th centuries. These photos were given to the Prince George’s Room, under the aegis of the Prince George's County Historical Society, by James C. Wilfong, Jr., who was a noted writer and photographer of historic architecture in Maryland. The collection is now digitized and available through Digital Maryland.