Police Officer Strachan began studying the violin at the age of 10 after his mother shockingly told him he could not play the drums. He played throughout his time in Woodmore Elementary, Samuel Ogle, Benjamin Tasker, and Bowie High School and studied Violin Performance at Dickinson College.
Strachan has had the honor of serving as a Therapeutic Musician for the Hospice of Chesapeake, where he was able to play by the bedside for terminally ill children and adults. He shared his love of music with his Grandmother, who would sing and perform the piano at church. She suffered from Alzheimer's as she aged, and Strachan played her favorite hymns by her bedside the day before she passed away. Strachan carries her adoration for music as he performs for those with Alzheimer's and Dementia in Assisted Living. He currently studies with Holly Hamilton, former 1st violinist of the National Symphony Orchestra, and serves as a Police Officer for the Prince George's County Police.
Please be advised that the status, location, or format of this event may change based on COVID-19 pandemic conditions. Please visit this page prior to traveling to the branch/venue for the program.
- Face masks and physical distancing are required for all participants over the age of 2.
- Please register via the link on this page or by calling (240) 455-5451 to show interest and to receive event updates.
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Participation is permitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Capacity limits may apply.
Tenga en cuenta que el estado, ubicación, o formato de este evento puede cambiar dependiendo de las condiciones de la pandemia COVID-19. Por favor, visite esta página antes de ir a la sucursal/lugar para el programa.
- Máscaras y distancia social se requieren para todos los participantes mayores de dos años.
- Por favor regístrese por medio del enlace en esta página o llame al (240) 455-5451 para demostrar su interés y recibir las últimas noticias.
- La registración no garantiza su admisión.
- La participación se permite por orden de llegada.
- Podrá aplicarse límites de capacidad.